SKILLS & ABILITIES
Leads through influence with diverse groups of people. Ability to model professional behavior and appropriate work ethic. Experience leading continuous process improvement with the ability to facilitate staff learning of process improvement methodologies. Supports and complies with organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
Knowledge of continuous process improvement methodologies, critical thinking, clinical data collection, team collaboration, meeting facilitation, policy and procedure development.
Computer skills include Microsoft, Apple, Unix/Linux operating systems, all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Photoshop, non-linear video editing, text-based/WYSIWYG web development tools, revision control platforms, SQL and other database reporting methodologies. Experience with EHR systems including Epic, Cerner, CliniComp and Dino.
CLINICAL MANAGER OF RESPIRATORY CARE
OREGON HEALTH & SCIENCE UNIVERSITY
October 2013 – Present
- Responsible for 32 direct reports. Responsible for 28 unique acute care units, Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit, Doernbecher Neonatal Care Center, and the Pediatric Sleep Study Program.
- Collaborated with interdisciplinary partners to propose and implement process improvements.
- Developed data collection methods to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Developed training materials and provided lectures on aspects of Respiratory Care for employees, regional telemedicine clients, and medical students.
- Collaborated on medical research projects.
ADVANCED PEDIATRIC RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONER
SHARP GROSSMONT HOSPITAL
July 2004 – September 2013
- Relief Shift Lead, preceptor for new hires, department representative for Hospital Wide Clinical Practice Committee, member of shared-governance Pulmonary Action Council.
- Developed department system for assigning therapist workloads by RVUs, using national standards established by the American Association of Respiratory Care.
- Worked on numerous special projects including development of educational materials, chart auditing, equipment evaluations.
HEALTHCARE IT CONSULTANT
August 1998 – June 2004
- Performed project management for development and implementation of enterprise level IT solutions for hospitals and healthcare equipment manufacturers.
- Managed multiple project teams simultaneously at different work sites, drafted business proposals, and negotiated business contracts
DIRECTOR OF CARDIOPULMONARY SERVICES
SIERRA VISTA HOSPITAL
January 1997 – July 1998
- Fiscally responsible management of cardiopulmonary services including respiratory therapy and cardiac diagnostics for a community-operated 15 bed Critical Access Hospital.
MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER
May 1993 – December 1996
- • Provided respiratory care services throughout all areas of the hospital.
- Performed cardiopulmonary diagnostic testing for inpatients and outpatients.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION
PIMA MEDICAL INSTITUTE
Studied leadership, management, and administration of public health systems, health care systems, hospitals, and hospital networks.
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE IN RESPIRATORY CARE
NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY
Graduated with Honors, consecutive member of Dean’s List, and Crimson Scholar
American Association for Respiratory Care
Oregon Society for Respiratory Care
International Association of Respiratory Therapists
Photography, geocaching, folklore, creative writing (published)
Available upon request